The Northstar Field Specialist (NFS) position is both challenging and rewarding. The NFS will be based out of Calgary, Alberta, and will split their time in the field on various national and international rig locations and also in the design, assembly and testing facility. In the field, the NFS will be working shoulder to shoulder with Northstar’s experienced engineers and supervisors doing pre-job planning & test design, downhole tool operation, preparation & maintenance, and job reporting. The NFS must have the physical and mental stamina to execute this role, make critical decisions under pressure, and work long hours. In the Northstar design facility, NFSs work alongside the design team on manufacturing, assembling and testing innovative downhole tools prior to delivery to our customers world-wide.
The NFS will be on-call 24/7 for field work and in the Calgary design facility Monday thru Friday when not in the field. This position will expose the NFS to all aspects of Northstar’s business including:
- Field Operations
- Quality Management Systems
- Design Engineering
- Technical Sales
The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Equipment Preparation.
- Oversee the preparation (function and pressure testing) of the equipment prior to use.
- Pre-job Planning and Job Execution.
- Equipment selection, dispatching to the site, Making up and running tools, well test execution as per program, break out and laying down equipment.
- Report and Analysis.
- Data collection, reporting of well test results.
- Equipment Maintenance.
- Servicing (break down, rebuild) equipment according to Work Instructions and Maintenance documentation requirements.
- Enforce QHSE policies and guidelines, with an emphasis on routine inspections.
- Equipment and Spares Inventory.
- Ensure accurate inventory for the field location is maintained and appropriate number of spares are on hand.
- Rotational Lead Roles.
- Operations Support, HSE, Quality Management (ISO 9001), Manufacturing/Procurement support, shop coordinator, Design Engineering, and Training.
- Well Test Design. Liaise with client to design the testing program and tool configurations.
- Coordinating international and domestic shipments
- Shop Duties as Required
- Problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork Skills
- Physical ability to routinely lift heavy parts (less than 50lbs)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in climates ranging from Canadian winter to Middle Eastern desert.
- Operating company equipment (vehicles, forklift, overhead cranes)
- Safely working on and around drilling rigs, warehouses, heavy equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be Fit for Duty
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluency in English language